Please read articles on the following subjects:
- NEW: BREEDING RECOMMENDATIONS AND BREEDING PROJECTS FOR THE DALMATIAN
- Dalmatiner - Entwicklung Schulterhöhe und Körperlänge (Dr. Milivoje Urošević)
- Zwergenwuchs beim Dalmatiner*
- Dwerggroei bij de Dalmatische Hond*
- Le nanisme du Dalmatien*
- "Meet Mildred" - Erfahrungsbericht zum Zwergenwuchs (von Erna Kuipers & Luc Aben)
→ Kommentare zu den Folien aus der "Meet Mildred" Präsentation (separates Dokument)
→ Skeletal Dysplasia Project Update - November 2017
- LUA Dalmatians World
- LUA Dalmatians (Summary and Recommendation)
- ARDS in Dalmatians (Dr. Tyge Greibrokk)
- ARDS CHEZ LE DALMATIEN (Dr. Tyge Greibrokk)
- The health of the Dalmatian in the Netherlands and in Norway
- Le dilemme du dalmatien
- ARDS Tables
*Taken from Dalmatisch Nieuws (Dutch Dalmatian Club), written by Lizzy Plat-Coelers
Comments to articles
There are occasional comments and questions to some of the articles. In general, the opinions of the authors are there their personal opinions and not necessarily the official policy of WAFDAL.
However a few remarks are required due to recent questions.
The article The Dalmatian Dilemma by the highly respected geneticist dr. Bruce Catttanach from 1999 can be supplied by the following recent publications:
- “An epidemiological approach to prevention and control of three common heritable diseases in canine pedigree breeds in the United Kingdom”, by J.L.N. Woods, K.H. Lakhani and W.E. Henley, in The Veterinary Journal 168 (2004) 14-27.
- ”Analysis of systematic effects on congenital sensorineural deafness in German Dalmatian dogs”, by K. Juraschko, A. Meyer-Lindenberg, I. Nolte and O. Distl, in The Veterinary Journal 166 (2003) 164-169.
- ”Deafness prevalence and pigmentation and gender associations in dog breeds at risk”, by G.M. Strain, in The Veterinary Journal 167 (2004) 23-32.
- ”Heritability and segregation analysis of deafness in US Dalmatians”, by E.J. Cargill, T.R. Famula, G.M. Strain and K.E. Murphy, in Genetics 164 (2004) 1385-1393.
There has been a question if mega-oesophagus is related to ARDS. The answer is that we have no reason to believe there is any connection beteen these two diseases. Actually, we do not understand the question at all.